Find out how to upgrade to Spotify Premium and unlock unlimited music on different devices.
Spotify Premium is the paid version of Spotify Free. It offers a range of benefits, including higher-quality audio and song downloads for offline listening.
Fortunately, the upgrade process is user-friendly, regardless of the device you’re using. Plus, the ad-free experience makes upgrading worthwhile. This guide will provide step-by-step procedures for upgrading to Spotify Premium. Whether you’re on Android, iOS, or PC, you can ensure uninterrupted access to your favorite music and podcasts. Let’s dive in!
How to Get Spotify Premium on Android
Getting Spotify Premium on Android is very convenient as the process can be completed directly from the app. You can upgrade with just a few clicks without needing to open a browser window.
Follow these simple steps to upgrade your Spotify Premium on Android:
- Open the Spotify app.
- Tap the Premium icon in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down and choose from Individual, Duo, Family, or Student plans under Pick your Premium.
- Tap the Get Premium button.
- Fill out your payment information to complete your subscription.
How to Get Spotify Premium on iPhone and iPad
If you’re an iPhone or iPad user, you might have noticed that you can’t upgrade to Spotify Premium directly through the Spotify app. This isn’t a limitation of Spotify, but rather due to Apple’s restrictions that prevent such in-app upgrades.
But don’t worry, you can still upgrade to Spotify Premium via a web browser on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how:
- Open your Safari browser then go to the Spotify website.
- Log in to your Spotify Free account, or create one if you don’t have one.
- Tap the three lines symbol in the upper right corner.
- At the top of the list, tap Premium.
- Choose a plan and tap Get Started.
- Choose a mode of payment, then enter your payment details and tap Buy Now.
How to Get Spotify Premium on the Web Player and Desktop App
Upgrading to Spotify Premium can be done via the Spotify web player or desktop app as well. However, similar to the previous method, you will be redirected to a web browser to complete the upgrade process.
- Open the Spotify website or desktop app.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Click the Profile Icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Upgrade to Premium from the drop-down menu.
- Click on View All Premium Plans or scroll down to see the different plans.
- Click Get Started on the Premium plan you want to subscribe to.
- Choose a payment mode then enter your payment details.
- Click Continue Purchase or Buy Now to complete the subscription process.
FAQs on How to Get Spotify Premium
- Can I use the same email for a new Spotify Premium account?
- What do I do if Spotify Premium isn’t showing up after purchasing?
- Can I get Spotify Premium for free?
Can I use the same email for a new Spotify Premium account?
No. Spotify does not allow the creation of a new account with an email address that’s already linked to another account.
However, an email address can become free 14-30 days after deleting the Spotify account associated with it. This “lock out” period prevents users from creating duplicate accounts under the same email. Afterwards, the email address should become available for registration again.
What do I do if Spotify Premium isn’t showing up after purchasing?
If Spotify Premium doesn’t show up after purchasing it, there are several steps you can take to address the issue. Here’s what you can do:
- Log out and back in: Logging out and back into your Spotify account can force the app on your device to refresh and sync up with your account.
- Check your plan status: If you’re using Premium Family or Duo, ensure the plan manager has not removed you from the account by viewing your plan status in Account Settings.
- Check your payment status: Review your bank statement or payment method to verify if the payment for your Spotify Premium subscription was successful.
- Check with a 3rd-party provider: If you obtained Spotify Premium through a third-party company promotion, contact the provider to inquire about the status of your payment and resolve any potential issues.
- Update your app: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Spotify app to avoid compatibility problems that may affect the Premium features.
Can I get Spotify Premium for free?
You can get Spotify Premium for free through bundled deals with other services. Some deals vary by location and availability and may have specific terms and conditions.
Here are some currently available deals:
- PayPal: New users can enjoy Spotify Premium with ad-free music for three months.
- AT&T: Eligible AT&T users who sign up for the AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM plan can get Spotify Premium for a six-month free trial without any additional cost.If you already have a standalone Spotify Premium subscription, you must cancel it before taking advantage of the AT&T offer.
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Subscribers can get six months of Spotify Premium as part of their package.Users must be a new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, eligible for Spotify Premium, and reside in the U.S. or the U.K. Existing Spotify Premium or Unlimited subscribers are not eligible.
- OnePlus Red Cable Club: Customers who have linked their OnePlus device to Red Cable Club can avail of a Spotify Premium subscription free for six months.
- Microsoft Rewards: New joiners of Microsoft Rewards get three months of Spotify Premium for free.
- Starbucks: Partners are eligible for a free Spotify Premium subscription upon hire.
By now, you should clearly understand how to upgrade to Spotify Premium on different devices. This knowledge can significantly enhance your music listening experience, allowing you to enjoy ad-free music, offline listening, and high quality audio.
Imagine how much more enjoyable your daily commute or workout session could be with uninterrupted access to your favorite tunes.
We hope this guide has helped you navigate the process of getting Spotify Premium. What do you think of the information we’ve provided? Was it helpful? Is there anything else you’d like to know about Spotify Premium? Leave a comment below!